New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Vaccine Timeline

stewbe99stewbe99 Posts: 3

Hello there I just received my offer letter and have setup an appointment to get my vaccines. Looking at the list it appears that the Hep B vaccine is a 6 month series. I am scheduled to start serving July 27th. Is this an issue?

I did get the vaccine as an infant and a quick google search reveals the vaccine should be good for 30+ years. I have emailed the medical staff and am awaiting a response but I imagine I can't be the first one to have this timeline issue...

Comments

• stewbe99stewbe99 Posts: 3

Forgot to mention I am a 29 year old male. Vaccinations are scheduled to start April 18th.

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 86 admin

Hi @stewbe99 ! Thank you for being one of our amazing volunteers! We look forward to your service with Mercy Ships.

Since you already had the Hep B vaccine when you were an infant, you should be able to get a blood titer to confirm immunity. I would look into that if I were you. Thank you for thinking about this and being proactive about it.

• writerappwriterapp Ms. Posts: 15

Hi @stewbe99 ,

I started my Hep A/B last week. It's a combined vaccine and a three-shot series over four-weeks and then a booster in 12 months.

The specific drug is called: Twinrix Suspension 720-20 intramuscular.

If you have immunity, you're golden.

With grace,

P