New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing myself

Hi, I've left my introduction to the very last minute! I'm in Paris airport about to fly to Conakry. Looking forward to spending a few weeks on the ship as an Anaesthesia provider, and scoping it out for future opportunities to serve. Have loved following the great work of mercyships over the past year and can't wait to get involved. I've left my dear wife, 4 young boys and my dog behind in Adelaide, Australia, so I'll be missing them greatly. My eldest (9 nine years old) broke his arm a few hours before I flew out from Australia, which helped give him (and myself) an even greater appreciation for having good medical care, and thus understand the importance of me going for this short time. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Comments

• ShelleyModisetteShelleyModisette Technical Staffing Manager Posts: 35 - Current Staff

Welcome to the team! We are so grateful for your desire to volunteer. I'm sorry to hear about your son's arm, may it heal quickly! I imagine you have a pretty eventful life back at home with four boys. I hope your time on board is great. :)

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 92 admin
    edited April 2

@BrianAmbrose

I hope you are having a wonderful time on board! We are very grateful for your service as an Anaesthesia Provider. I hope your son's arm heals quickly. I have 3 sons, and my husband has traveled to Africa often as part of his job with Mercy Ships, so I can empathize with your wife. Saying a special prayer for her as she manages things back home so that you may serve.