New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

I'm going to SENEGAL!

Following a three-month interview and screening process, I learned yesterday that I will be joining the communications team in Senegal as a "Writer." Glory to God and yippee, yippee, yayyyyyy.

What an experience this has been from the first blank filled-in to the final Skype interview. I've been blessed to meet wonderful crew members already aboard the Africa Mercy and also staff in Lindale, Texas. I'm grateful and excited; nervous, yet thrilled. I'm full of emotion(s) and want to encourage those of you still in the process and/or in the talent pool: try to exude patience and know that your waiting isn't in vain.

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." Isaiah 40:31

I am certainly emerging from the application process renewed and feeling Senegal STRONG!

Let's go Africa Mercy,

Penny

Comments

• mitchelgmitchelg Engagement Coordinator Posts: 1 admin

Penny,

We are so excited you are joining us to serve! Our prayers will be with you and all the crew as lives are changed in Senegal!

• writerappwriterapp Ms. Posts: 7

Thank you Mitch!

I am looking forward to this life changing experience.

With grace,

P

• sjonson10sjonson10 Posts: 2

Congrats Penny.

That's really encouraging and I'm very happy for you! I was just thinking today about how patience really is a virtue. I'm certainly hoping and praying that I'll be selected. But we will see in time. Congrats again!

• heatherpetersonheatherpeterson Posts: 81 admin

@writerapp

Exciting! Looking forward to meeting you when you are in East Texas for On Boarding in June!

Heather

• kyliebestkyliebest Posts: 3

Hi Penny,

Congratulations, we are excited to have you as our future Writer!

Kylie

Recruiter

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 48 admin

I'm truly excited for you, Penny! See you in East Texas when you are here for On Boarding!

• DaVinaAustinDaVinaAustin Posts: 1 - Current Staff

We are excited for you, Penny! See you soon!