New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Considering 5+ commitment after 2022

Hey my name is Taylor and I'm considering a 5+ commitment to a Christian humanitarian/missionary organization. I'm interested in Mercy ships uniquely because of their emphasis in serving others. I don't have any medical experience and my largest question is geared towards determining how I should spend the next three years where I am now (with my current job) preparing to make my time as useful as possible while aboard.
I am currently working in food manufacturing 3+ yrs. My work will reimburse me for college tuition and I've been working towards an associate in business (although that can be changed) part time.

Any feedback, possible avenues to take would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• kyliebestkyliebest Posts: 3

Hi Taylor!
    I'm the General Recruiter here at Mercy Ships in Texas, I'm happy to answer your questions! Have you taken a look at our Volunteer Opportunities page? What most people don't know is that we have tons of non-medical roles available. I would encourage you to take a look over our Food Services department to see if you would be interested in one of those roles.
    Applications are good for two years, and we ask applicants to apply at least 6 months prior to their target serve date.
    I hope this has been beneficial to you! Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any further questions- I'm here to help!
    [email protected]

Thanks!