New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

First time volunteering!

linacastelinacaste Posts: 1
edited March 1 in Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone!
My name is Lina. I'm from Colombia but I'm currently living in the US, I’m going to serve on Mercy Ship for 2 weeks as a dental hygienist. I don't have dates yet, but so excited to go to Senegal! any dental hygienist or dentist applying to go to Senegal!?
Can't wait to meet you all!! :)

Comments

• eddisonseddisons Posts: 1

Hi Lena, I too am waiting to hear about my confirmed dates for Senegal. This will be my first time with Mercy Ships and I am incredibly excited and honoured to have been chosen for the talent pool. I work as an anaesthetic nurse in Melbourne, Australia but originally I am from the UK. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the ship, and being a part of the amazing work. :)

• lisfaurholtlisfaurholt Dental Assistent Posts: 2

Hi, my name is Lis, I´m from Denmark, and hop to volunteer In Senegal in Nov/dec 2019. I´m a dental Assistent. Looking forward too meet your all.

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 74 admin

@linacaste , @eddisons , @lisfaurholt Hello ladies! Did each of you receive the staffing survey for the Dental Team, which you should have received last week. If so, please be sure to complete it so that we will have a clear idea as to your availability for staffing. If you didn't receive it for some reason, please let me know. Thank you for your desire to bring hope and healing!

• SarinaFaesslerSarinaFaessler Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, my name is Sarina, I’m from Switzerland and I’m a dental assistant. I really hope to serving in Senegal this autumn. I‘m exciting to meet all of you. Big hug
  • AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 74 admin

@SarinaFaessler Thank you for your desire to serve with Mercy Ships in Senegal! We should be ready to offer dates for the Dental Team in about 3 weeks.

• JaneWebbJaneWebb Posts: 1

Hi - my name is Jane and I too am hoping to serve with the dental team as a dentist. It will be my first time on Mercy Ships and it's a very exciting prospect. I currently work as a dentist in the UK and look forward to working with a new team in Senagal - what an opportunity!

• alexiamillettalexiamillett Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    Im starting in the surg ward (im an ED nurse from sydney!) in january ! so excited.

• HannahMulvihillHannahMulvihill Posts: 64 ✭✭

@JaneWebb : Hi Jane, do make sure you connect with your National Office in the UK who can support you during your time serving with Mercy Ships. We have lots on our National office section here on myMercy including our Support Guide for UK crew and an active Facebook page which you are welcome to join!

Thank you so much for volunteering with us. We appreciate you greatly!

Hannah

UK Crew Support Coordinator

01438 347493

[email protected]

• sandra92sandra92 Posts: 1

Hi, I'm Sandra I'm a Ward Nurse and I from Switzerland. I'm waiting for the dates to serve with Mercy. I'm sooo excited to come on the Mercy for my first time!