New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

February 17-March 2

I am an OR Nurse from Texas traveling to Guinea on February 16, arriving February 17! Anyone else going to be serving during this time? I am flying Air France from Houston to Paris and Paris to Conakry. My flight home is the late one out of Conakry, at 11:20pm on March 2.
This is my first service with Mercy Ships, and I am super excited! Nervous, also. But mostly excited for what we are going to accomplish together for the people of Guinea while we are there!
Looking forward to meeting new friends along the way!

Comments

• CarolineKirchnerCarolineKirchner Posts: 26

@SarahBurdette Our daughter, Beth Kirchner, is flying out TODAY from Houston to Conakry on Air France. She is the first grade teacher on the AFM Academy. This is her second year teaching and has just spent the Christmas holidays with her family in Sugar Land. She will be there when you are. Please find her when you are on the ship. She will be glad to show you around the Academy. While she isn't a "Texan", she did live there for a year. Our extended family members are Texans. You will LOVE serving on the ship! I served in housekeeping for 5 weeks in 2016 and even cleaning toilets brought be great joy knowing I was doing my part of providing hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor. You can contact Beth at [email protected]

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 74 admin

@SarahBurdette - Thank you so much for your willingness to serve the world's forgotten poor in Conakry! I hope your service onboard as an OR Nurse is all you hope and more. I look forward to hearing about your service.

• EmilyHislopEmilyHislop Posts: 8

@SarahBurdette -I'll be serving Feb 10-25th, so we'll overlap a bit. I'm in the PACU to I'm sure I'll see you around. This is my second mission on the Africa Mercy and I can't wait. Don't be nervous, everyone is very friendly and you feel at home in no time!

• LillwiLyreoLillwiLyreo Posts: 2

Hi, i will also arrive in Conacry on the 17th of feb. Air france, via Paris. Perhaps same flight the last part? That would be great:) This is my first time so i am looking forward to join the Africa Mercy.

• SarahBurdetteSarahBurdette Posts: 16

I arrive in Conakry at 1815 on February 17 from Paris. I looked at the pickup list on Navigator for who else would be arriving at the same time, and it looks like there are quite a few people for Mercy Ships arriving on that same flight! What do you do? I'm looking forward to meeting so many new people on the same adventure in service as me. Safe travels, and see you soon!

• RebekahHoyeRebekahHoye Posts: 21
    @SarahBurdette can I ask, where is the pick up list on navigator?? I arrive this Sunday and I’m anxious to know if there will be anyone else there with me! I tried searching for it but no luck!
  • CynthiaHarrisCynthiaHarris Posts: 9 - Current Staff

@RebekahHoye
    I believe you can find what you are looking for if you go to Navigator and search for AFM Arrivals and Departures. Let me know if that's not what you're looking for or you need more help.
    Cynthia Harris
    Administrative Assistant Human Resources

• RebekahHoyeRebekahHoye Posts: 21
    @CynthiaHarris thank you I found it! The problem was I was viewing it from my phone and couldn’t see it there. Thank you!
  • CynthiaHarrisCynthiaHarris Posts: 9 - Current Staff

You are quite welcome Rebekah!