New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Any good Activities in the Binder for Conakry

Hello All!
I'm a returning crew member and I'll be on the ship Feb 10th-23rd 2019. It's just 2 short weeks this time and I will be working in the PACU M-F. Last year I remember there was an Activity Binder in the common area to sign up for weekend trips/tours. Just wondering if any current crew members recommend any of the activities around Conakry. Trying to make the most of my 2 weeks and plan my budget. Thanks!

Can't wait to serve again!

Happy Holidays All,
Emily

Comments

• My daughter is serving as the AFM Academy 1st grade teacher. Be sure to find her onboard, Beth Kirchner. She says that there are 3-4 beautiful islands in the area for a day trip or a weekend trip: swimming, hiking, beautiful beaches. A day trip is about $20-$25 for transportation and meal. Lots of different waterfall trips 3-4 hours away and another 8 hours away, usually about $70 for the whole weekend including hotel, transportation, food and entry fees, etc. Roume Island and Kassa Island are two you should check out. The Activity Binder has weekend and weekday trips regularly available.