New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

How to Blog? lol

By the literal grace and mercy of God I have officially raised 100% of the funds I need for boarding Mercy Ships. I could not be more shocked and incredibly grateful. Many of the amazing people that have donated to me have asked if I will be doing a blog of sorts, as they really want updates and pictures, etc. I am not a very good writer, but I have promised these kind folks some content (Lord help me, truly). Anyways, I was wondering if you all had blogged. Do you use your own blogging medium or just solely blog through mercy ships website- what to do, what to do? All of the advisement is wanted. Thank you!

Comments

• SarahLeffelSarahLeffel Posts: 12

Dear Anna,

I have a couple of suggestions! I haven't been onboard Mercy Ships so I can't help you regarding the best fit specifically for Mercy Ships life, however :) I used to blog when I would go on trips that people had helped me raise support for. Being diligent to update it with no set schedule was hard for me, but the process of getting the blog up and running wasn't difficult at all. I used www.wordpress.com to set up my blog. It is easy and user friendly. Now, while blogs are GREAT, I currently live in Japan and use an email newsletter to get info/prayer requests/updates out to people. I have found that I like it SO SO much more than blogging. I enjoy knowing who will get my email and it feels more intimate. I made a commitment to send out a newsletter at the end of every month which also helped with consistency and provided a nice time frame to give a little update.

I hope this helps! Feel free to message me here or through the inbox!