New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

Introducing myself

Hi!
My name is Kari Ashcraft. I will be joining Mercy Ship as an OR nurse the last two weeks of February 2019. I just had my last immunization today and I am getting very excited for this adventure! I have been working in the OR for 30 years and I have been dreaming about serving on the ship for a very long time. I live in Washington state (USA) not too far from Seattle, so getting out of the rain in February will be a huge bonus! I look forward to meeting all of you soon!

Comments

• Great! You will be the most welcome
  • HannahMulvihillHannahMulvihill Posts: 69 ✭✭

Looking forward to having you onboard, Kari. Thank you for volunteering with us. We appreciate you!

• Hi Kari, I think I'm going to just miss you, I leave on the 15th Feb :(
    This is also my first time aboard the Mercy Ship- can't wait

• SarahBurdetteSarahBurdette Posts: 22 ✭✭

I've been looking for someone with the same dates as me! I am also an OR Nurse. I will be onboard February 17 - March 2! I have been a nurse for 15 years, an OR nurse for 11 of those. I will be flying out of Houston, TX at 4:05pm on 2/16, and finally arriving in Conakry at 6:15pm on 2/17. My flight out of Conakry is the late one, at 11:20pm on 3/2. This will be my first time serving with Mercy Ships, after hearing about it from my CRNA friend at work. I am so excited for this new adventure to begin!

• KariAshcraftKariAshcraft Posts: 3

Sarah, are you flying through Paris? If so, we can be travel buddies! I feel a little sketchy flying out of Conakry so late at night!

• SarahBurdetteSarahBurdette Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited January 21

I'm happy to hear your flight is also the late one to Paris! It was all that was left by the time I got to buying my flight. :( It will be nice to have someone else, (especially from the same department!), to travel out of Conakry with. Looking forward to meeting you!

• KariAshcraftKariAshcraft Posts: 3

Sarah, I think we may also be on the same flight on th 13th of Feb. I will look for you at the gate at CDG airport! :)