New To myMercy? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. ------- To View Current Volunteer Opportunities Click Here.

What does a typical day for an admissions nurse look like?

I’ll be serving as an admission nurse in Jan, 2019. I would love to hear from someone who has served or is currently serving in that position.

Best Answer

Answers

• AndreaSchmidAndreaSchmid Programs Senior Staffing Manager Posts: 59 admin

Hi Theresa,
    I hope you are getting excited for your upcoming service with Mercy Ships! I have forwarded your question to our Admissions Nurse Team Leader, and you should receive a response from her soon. Thank you for being one of our awesome volunteers!

• JILLSOUTERJILLSOUTER Posts: 5

Hi Theresa, I'm off next week to work as an admissions nurse, so I'll let you know when I've been there a while! jill

Hi Jill! Thank you for your reply. I hope your trip to the Africa Mercy went smoothly. Please do let Theresa know what it's like after you've settled in a bit. Thank you!!!

• CatherineLloydCatherineLloyd Posts: 5

Thanks this is great, I have applied as an admissions nurse for Senegal. Was looking for a job description and this helps. Its nice to know we have some free time in the evenings. I am very excited. I imagine there are translators always available to help with the patient admissions and education?

Hi Catherine,
    Thank you for your interest in serving in Senegal! Just want to quickly let you know that, yes, there are translators always available to help with patient admissions and education.
    The Survey for Admissions nurses went out earlier this week. Did you receive it? Please be sure to respond so that we have your dates of availability at hand when we begin staffing for this area.